An amazing day of competition in 4-6ft hollow Teahupoo. The Irons brothers cruised into round 4 today looking so relaxed and at home in conditions which saw many of the worlds best look challenged. Parko took victory over rookie Tiago with an interference call that cost Tiago valuable points.
But the big news was the elimination in rounds 2 and 3 of the current top 5 ratings leaders.
- Mick Fanning lost in the 2nd round to Bruno Santos in one of the events lowest scoring heats.
- Jeremy Flores was taken out by an in form Chris Ward also in the second round.
- After an electifying round 2 clash with Jamie O'Brien Kelly slater went down hard at the hands of Manoa Drollet in round 3, 9.83 to 14.00
- Taj Burrows was taken down but an on fire Bruno Santos
- Chris Ward took out Bede Durbidge in the 3rd round with an amazing upset victory of 19.17 to 7.30